- If you could sum up Black Balled in three words, what would they be?
- Fantastic, engaging, sexy
- Have you listened to any of Joel Leslie’s other performances before? How does this one compare?
- Yes, very many! I absolutely love Joel Leslie. Every book he does, he does it so uniquely it is hard to compare one performance to the next.I loved the drama he brought to Black Balled. I loved the sexual tension and the voice of each character. He really gave them each so much personality. I couldn’t help but love to hate Troy and love him too.
PPS. The end has some deleted scenes, and we get a scene with Muffy the cat’s view…this alone is worth listening
- Did you have an extreme reaction to this book? Did it make you laugh or cry?
- It had me biting my nails. There were times I laughed, and there were a few twists. The deleted scenes made me happy and gave me quite the chuckle!
- Any additional comments?
- I absolutely loved Black Balled. I liked the way Troy’s chapters began with a review. As a reviewer, I found him a real ass. But I loved that he was a terrible character and loved watching him get his and his redemption. I also liked how the story ended, though I won’t say how or why.
I love great characters and both Troy and Larson were very well created. There were some secondary characters like Noel that I hated too. Lol, lots of easy to hate characters!
The story line was exciting and fast paced. I didn’t want to quit listening once I started.
I adored the deleted scenes as well. Especially Muffy the cat’s view.
Review from Black Balled →