- Would you try another book from Franklin Horton and/or Kevin Pierce?
- I think I am done with Franklin Horton. After reading four of his books he still hasn’t gotten the pacing and storytelling correct. The timing in his stories are way off and has been since book 1. Kevin Pierce rocked as always. Love listening to him.
- Would you ever listen to anything by Franklin Horton again?
- No I think I am good at this point. Four books in and he still has the same issues as he started with. I thought he was getting them worked out in book 3 and looking back on it I think it was just because I was getting used to his inconsistencies in storytelling.
- Which scene was your favorite?
- None. This book was forced. It didn’t add anything to the story. He could have stopped with 3 books.
- What reaction did this book spark in you? Anger, sadness, disappointment?
- Sadness. Horton has some great ideas for stories but the mechanics are horrible. If they were better written this story premise would be incredible.
Review from No Time for Mourning →