- What made the experience of listening to Push Back the most enjoyable?
- The practical/technical maritime informing the whole narrative is fascinating.
- What was one of the most memorable moments of Push Back?
- The fight with the homemade napalm was memorable. Wish they’d used more of that stuff!
- Did the narration match the pace of the story?
- I have a BIG gripe with the narrator. For the most part he’s pretty good, but in a book where several major characters are African-American, every time this narrator tries to sound black, it comes out sounding like a hillbilly redneck! And in a book that also has its fair share of bikers and rednecks, the black characters are completely lost until the writer happens to mention their ethnicity. Then you say – what? Levi is black? Oh yeah, I forgot! Even Stephen King does a better black accent than this narrator.
- Did you have an extreme reaction to this book? Did it make you laugh or cry?
- This book kind of went nowhere. It feels like a middle book in a trilogy, but not in a good way.
Review from Push Back →