- What did you love best about Flux?
- This is part 2 of a trilogy. I enjoyed the first book, despite the terrible narration. The story gets our heroes into more dangerous situations as their love grows. Kim Fielding adds new characters and another country for our heroes to adventure into. The writing was very good and the story was intriguing, keeping my interest throughout. I can’t wait for Book 3!
- What did you like best about this story?
- I really enjoyed the parts where Ennek and Miner stayed with a family in their new found land, despite the language barriers. The sweetness of the ladies who realized that Ennek and Miner were lovers and welcomed them into their homes, one of whom even paints a picture of the two of them holding each other that captures the beauty of their love. Also, we have Ennek’s Wizard powers developing, but he is still connected to his mentor, Thelieus, despite Thelieus being in stasis. This allows him to tap into Theliues’s powers. He is still kind of a loose cannon and does some bad things, but you’ll have to listen to find out what those are! No spoilers!
- What about Joel Leslie’s performance did you like?
- Thank God for Joel Leslie taking over the narration! I hope he does part 3! Joel adds such depth and life to every book he has narrated. He is able to do just about any voice and any accent with a realism that is just right for that particular character. He becomes those characters.
- Was this a book you wanted to listen to all in one sitting?
- Yes, I would have liked to, but too long! I have a one hour drive each way to work and back, so I listen in the car and get roughly two hours listened to per day, so most books are done in a week or so. I will also listen at home before bed for half an hour to an hour.
- Any additional comments?
- Since I don’t know when Book 3 will be available on audio, I will add the next to my ebook collection so I can see where the story goes next. I can’t wait that long until it’s out on audio!
I was given this free review copy audiobook at my request and have voluntarily left this review.
Review from Flux →