- Would you listen to H.A.L.F.: The Deep Beneath again? Why?
- YES! I loved it, it was so intriguing and fun to listen to. I loved the misadventure that happens, the science put into it and the world building that was done.
- What did you like best about this story?
- The characters. Ian, Mr. Randal, Tex, Erika, Jack…. they all gave so much to the story and were never really stale to me.
- What about Andrew Tell’s performance did you like?
- I have never listened to one of his books before but he really helped me to lose track of myself in this book. I never felt his pronunciation bothered me or his speech pattern was frustrating.
I am relatively picky about audiobooks so this is a good thing. 🙂
- Did you have an extreme reaction to this book? Did it make you laugh or cry?
- There were many scenes that made me laugh, often to the point of my husband asking what happened. I did particularly react to the scenes with Dr. Randal and Tex, showing that the capacity for caring, love, and support to stretch across species and as families even if not a biological family.
- Any additional comments?
- I loved the whole idea of the book, how it was laid out, and how the story progressed.
After being a big sci-fi fan, I loved this take on human/alien hybrids and how it is effected by the type of alien that Tex is.
There was enough intrigue to keep you interested if the slow parts are a bother to you. Everything was so well described that I was able to get a very clear image in my head of what this world would look like (I won’t lie, in my head AHDNA looked a lot like the medical facility in the first couple of seasons of Lost when Claire and Sun are pregnant).
I think I listened to this book in 3 sittings, I couldn’t stop listening when I would get home from my walk.
I was provided a copy of this book at no charge in exchange for my unbiased opinion/review.
Review from H.A.L.F. →